Inhalt des Dokuments
OF PAST RESEARCH PROJECTS LED BY Prof. Caire AS
* Collaboration with the USC Annenberg School for Communications. Project title: "Wireless Spectrum: Is the crisis real or manufactured?"
Total budget: $113,049, activity: 9/1/2012 to 8/31/2013.
* USC Ming-Hsieh Institute Special Initiative. Project title: "Developing a USC Software-De fined Radio Testbed (USC-SDR) for state of the art experimental physical layer demonstration'' co-PIs, G. Caire, K. Psounis (USC), and A. F. Molisch (USC)
Total budget: $200,000, activity: 1/1/2012 to 12/31/2013.
* Collaborative Project funded by Intel, Cisco and Verizon. Project title: "VAWN: Video-Aware Wireless Networks” in collaboration with USC, UT-Austin, and UC San Diego. This project developed the first seminal papers on Femtocaching and D2D caching networks.
Total budget: $300,000, activity: 2010 -- 2013
* NSF EARS Grant No. ECCS-1444060. Project title: “Future Wireless Broadband Access: Cross-Optimizing Hardware, Physical and Network Layers.” Co-PIs: G. Caire, K. Psounis (USC), and H. Hashemi (USC)
Total budget: $680,000, activity: 11/01/2014 -- 10/31/2017
* NSF Grant No. CCF-1423140. Project title: "Communication Theory Foundations and System Optimization of Femto-Caching and D2D Networks for Wireless Video", Co-PIs: G Caire and A. F. Molisch (USC)
Total budget: $274,361, activity 08/01/2014 -- 07/31/2018
* NSF Grant No. 1161801. Project title: "Multihop Multiflow Wireless Networks: A Treasure Hunt'', co-PIs: G. Caire, S. Jafar (UC Irvine), S. Avestimehr (USC), and M. Varanasi (U. Colorado)
Total budget: $400,000, activity: 2011 -- 2016
* EU Marie Curie Incoming International Fellowship (IIF) Call: FP7-PEOPLE-IIF-2010. Project title: "Base-Station Aided Device-to-Device Communications'', PI: G. Caire
Total budget: EUR 98,000, activity: 2011-2012